Saturday, June 18, 2005

My Mom (techinically my MIL)

I am so blessed to have a mother in law that I can call mom. We really do have a very loving relationship.

And while she is not perfect (who is?), she has still been an inspiration to me of what it means to be a good help meet.

She is almost a perfect example of what Mrs. Pearl conveys a Help Meet is.

Today I saw two examples in her. The first was that she already had her hair done up for the day, and my girls (video chatting over the computer) commented on how pretty her hair was and they started trying to touch it. Granddad (FIL) started touching her hair in a plyful way (but not really going in and messing it up, just lightly playing with it). My mom just sat there and smiled and laughed right along with the rest of us. It was so honoring to him! It really blessed me!

The second example (all this in just the five minutes we were video chatting) was that my girls started blowing her kisses. She started acting like they blew her away "POW! I cought one. POW! I caught another one!" We were all in stitches. OH how I wish I had that kind of JOY!

That is one of the things that has always stuck out about my inlaws from the very beginning - their love and honoring of one another and their JOY. I can only pray that I continue to change to be more like that!

No comments: