Friday, June 24, 2005

My New Favorite Thing

I used to love scrapbooking. I wasn't very good at it, but I enjoyed what I did, and the girls always enjoyed looking through the books. And I always hated the fact that when I looked through my momma's photo albums, I didn't know who it was or where they were or what they were doing. So when our first daughter was born, I started scrapbooking. I knew that one day, she would look back and know what I was thinking and feeling. She would know all the places she had been, and so on.

Well, fast forward three years and everything went digital. I don't have a single print of our third daughter (although I have HUNDREDS of pictures of her. But with digital, you take WAY more pictures because ... well... YOU CAN! :)

But it was such a trial to go through and find the pictures I liked and print them out and then crop them and all.

So I turned to home movies and slideshows. For those of you who have a Macintosh computer (congrats!), making movies is SO EASY (and extremely FUN!).

That satisfied my scrapbooking urge ... for a while.

But I will still missing telling my story. And the creativity that comes with the layouts in a scrapbook.

ENTER DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING!
The Digital Scrapbook Place

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! I learned of this site through the MOMYS emails (I am only a RO MOMYS at the time, but prayerfully God will bless us again). There are SEVERAL Christian women on this site. They share their pictures (and they even have a Scripture layout contest weekly!!).

Oh, I cannot express my JOY at finding this site!! Registration is FREE! If you want to see pictures of me and my family, be sure to use my user name (lvg4him). I only have three layouts done (my first three EVER), but I am learning and growing and having so much fun!

They also have FREE tutorials and FREE kits!! They do have classes and a store that you can pay for (which I plan to do once we move and get settled into our new house).

I also plan on turning my scrapbook pages into slideshows set to music (combining my two passions of digital - scrapbooking and movie making).

I hope that this has encouraged/inspired you to check it out. I know you will be so glad you did!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I tried looking them up but I think you may need a username and password. Unless I am doing it wrong....

From the main page though, it looks REALLY cool! I laugh though, because you wonder how you can make your blog more fancy but you can do THIS! wow.

Rebecca said...

Oops. I finally figured out how to retrieve your pages...they are AWESOME! They seem so hard to make! Eek!

Your girls are precious...truly! And was that you in one picture? Nice to finally 'see' you!! ;-)

Paula said...

I am glad you were able to figure it out. I didn't think one had to join to see the galleries (just to be able to post comments). I have added a link from the main page to my gallery, and will let people know when I have updated my online scrapbook. I am glad you enjoyed the layouts! To me, it is MUCH easier than trying to improve my blogging site. LOL! - lvg4him, aka Paula

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

Great new pages! I especially liked the Dedication one. It almost made me cry-I don't know why but I just get so emotional these days...
Anyway-your family is just beautiful and you are beautiful and you all looked so lovely matching...and it looked like it was a beautiful day!

I have a question...can you print these pages out? Are they something that can be put in a book format? I love how professional they look (especially considering my handwriting is atrocious!) but I really want something that youcan flip through anytime you want...