Saturday, April 02, 2005

What do you want?

Ever since I began reading the book by Mrs. Pearl, DAILY I have been put to the test. I guess God is answering my prayer to make me a doer and not just a hearer of what I am reading. So last night, I asked my husband what he wanted to eat for dinner (I had not yet gotten to chapter 15, which is a huge conviction in my life) and he said that he was going to make himself a salad. Yuck. I am not in the mood for a salad tonight. "But I don't want a salad," I replied hoping he would ask what I want and we could have what I wanted for dinner. He gently reminded me that I had asked what HE wanted for dinner, and that I could have anything I wanted. So, I said "You are right" and went down stairs and washed and cut and dried the lettuce for him to have his own salad. I also made him some Tension Tamer tea. I put the cup of tea next to the bowl of lettuce and left him a note telling him how much I love him and how I am so proud of him, and then ran out to do some errands (I wasn't so hungry after that). =^) I came home to a very happy (and well feed) husband!

No comments: